The perfect place for a peacock themed wedding? The Calgary Zoo of course! Unfortunately, Kellie and Steve were another one of our couples who had to make last minute plans when our beloved zoo was flooded. Here’s what they have to say about their big day!
1. Name of the bride and groom: Kellie Altenhof & Steve Rozitis
2. Where did you meet? Calgary Bluesfest (we were both volunteers)
3. What was the style or theme of your wedding day? Peacock colours & feathers
4. What was most important to you while planning your wedding? For everyone to enjoy themselves and have fun!
5. What was the very best part of your wedding day (or the planning of it)? DANCING!
6. What was the hardest part of the day (or the planning of it)? Making sure, after our venue (Calgary Zoo) was cancelled a little over a month before the wedding, that everything would come together. I didn’t have a planner helping me, and I’ve never had any big ideas when it came to my wedding, so I felt leading up to the big day that I had a big mash up of random things going on. In the end, everything turned out beautiful.
7. What were a few of your favourite details of the day? Steve and I both agree that Chairflair was the BEST money we spent. It tied everything together and transformed a room into a wedding venue. We also loved the photographer, the band and the Delta for taking us in on such short notice.
8. What piece of advice do you have for other brides and grooms? Don’t stress so much. Not everything can or will be perfect.
Also a big thank you to Kellie for the testimonial you sent us – it made our hearts get pretty warm!
“A little over a month before our wedding, my fiancé and I’s wedding venue was cancelled. We were supposed to get married at the Calgary Zoo on August 10th, but unfortunately due to the extensive flooding we were told we’d have to change location. We found the Delta Bow Valley had an opening on the same date so we scooped it up! Now, although the Delta was very nice and our coordinator Kristen was amazing to work with, we found the venue lacked some…glamour. It didn’t FEEL like a wedding venue. That’s when Kristen suggested Shannon at ChairFlair, and I have to say it was the BEST money we spent. Shannon was so accomodating despite the fact that I asked her, in the middle of her busiest season, to help me out on such short notice! Additionally, she and her family were getting ready to move homes which made her extra busy. I found it so easy to choose what I wanted with her help. She showed me samples and photos of previous work she had done. As I mentioned, it was her busiest season so I had a “limited” selection and I still had SO many options to choose from. I’ve never had an eye for matching colours so Shannon’s suggestions were much appreciated. In the end, we went with a beautiful teal to accent the purple of my bridesmaids dresses.
The day of our wedding was amazing. The weather was beautiful, the guests were fun and happy and the dance party was awesome! It was so nice not to worry about setting up/taking down, which is a service Shannon and ChairFlair provides – which I would highly recommend to any bride/groom.
All in all, we had a wonderful time at our wedding and we got many compliments on how beautiful everything was. Despite a rough month, we were very blessed to have everything come together.”
-Venue: Delta Bow Valley
-Wedding Dress: Kiiji
-Hair: Get Banged Salon
-Makeup: Get Banged Salon
-Bridesmaid dresses: Express
-Caterer: Delta Bow Valley
-Wedding Cake: Crave Cupcakes
-Florist: Flowers Make Memories (Debbie)
-Entertainment: The Blueseros
-Photographer: Brendan Nogue