1. Name of the bride and groom: Carolyn and Matthew Watson
2. Where did you meet? Nanaimo, BC (at Karaoke!)
3. What was the style or theme of your wedding day? Summer, garden, vintage
4. What was most important to you while planning your wedding? With a two year engagement, we planned to have enough time to enjoy the planning of the wedding, getting to enjoy all of the details without feeling stress. Of course, as I learned, you cannot control everything, and our plans changed drastically due to the AB floods washing away our venue one month before our big day.
5. What was the very best part of your wedding day (or the planning of it)? The best part of planning our wedding was collaborating with friends and family on ideas and DIY crafts for the big day.
6. What was the hardest part of the day (or the planning of it)? Our Wedding was August 3, 2013 and scheduled at the Calgary Zoo. One month before our wedding, it was confirmed: the floods destroyed our venue and we would have to relocate. After two years of carefully planning each detail, we had one month to re-plan much of the wedding. My family and friends came together, and within a week had called every venue in and around Calgary for availability. With only three new options available we were so lucky to book the Devonian Gardens for our Ceremony and the Jack Signer Concert Hall Lobby for our Reception.
7. What were a few of your favourite details of the day? Décor: Sheppard hooks with mason jars filled with babies breath lining the aisle. Photo booth fun with friends and family
8. What piece of advice do you have for other brides and grooms? Plan to enjoy your wedding day. What made our day was having a wedding coordinator to take care of all the day-of logistics so our only job that day was to enjoy it together.
-Venue: Original: Calgary Zoo, Conservatory; Post floods: Devonian Gardens / Jack Signer Concert Hall
-Wedding Dress: Pronovias
-Hair: Influence Salon (Tacara)
-Makeup: Kate Barutowicz
-Bridesmaid dresses: Sewed by my mom
-Caterer: Great Events
-Wedding Cake: Cakes with Attitude
-Invitations: Designed by my sister
-Florist: Dahlia Floral Design
-Entertainment: 1st in Entertainment Calgary: Ceremony Acoustic Guitar and Reception DJ
-Photographer: Diane + Mike Photography